The velocity temperature and directionality of a jet engine for cleaning has many advantages in comparison with other means and methods.
- A high dynamic effect of the gas stream is used for removal of all kind of debris, impurities and particularly of sand, behind the edge of the cleaned areas.
- Many tests have proven that surface overheating does not occur as long as the operating instructions are followed properly.
- The equipment is an independent unit and does not require special adaptations of the vehicle used for transport.
- Riding characteristics of the carrying or pushing vehicle are not influenced and
- The equipment can be connected to the vehicle in a few minutes
- With the mounting and servicing of the equipment can be entrusted staff not especially trained due to the equipment automatic controls.
- The engines used for the equipment are of Czech origin, long years verified in the ground usage. Their output is limited and the engines can be operated in their current conditions without special overhauls. Their servicing is assured.
- The engines in question are known by their reliability and robustness. The engine GP 601 for the smaller equipments delivers 2,6 kg/sec gas, consuming 105 l fuel per hour. The M 701 engine for the greater equipment delivers 15,5 kg/sec gas, consuming 650 l fuel per hour. In both cases a drain fuel is used which can be obtained at all airports instead of its return to the refinery plants for its treatment. This fact influences considerably the operation cost of the equipments.
- The simplicity of the equipments design reduces their purchase price and therefore increases the purchase possibilities even for smaller airports which do not dispose of similar facilities for the cleaning of their areas.
The tests performed have proved the high performance of the equipments. E.g. one equipment ADE-2 with two M 701 engines can remove sand even in a thick layer from half the width of the runway in one run at 25 km/h
Results and experiences from the operational tests of prototypes guided to the following equipment designs:
- ADD with one GP 601 and one nozzle – general usage, edge lights and central line lights
- ADE with one M 701 engine and one nozzle – general use
- ADE-2 with two engines M 701 – for large areas and very quick cleaning of the emergency strip on the runway
All mentioned equipments, according to their type, work with the corresponding cleaning strip width amounting from 8 – 25 meters for removal of impurities and sand.